Wednesday 28 September 2011

TRAVELLING TO FAR OFF PLACES.....

After yesterdays intense blog I thought I need to lighten the mood for a Wednesday:
I love planning trips.  It does not have to be for me (although those are the best kind) but I enjoy dishing out advice on places to visit and helping friends and family plan their trips. Since in “Lisaville” God is in the details often times the planning is more fun than the actual trip.

My friend Kim and I try to meet up somewhere in the world every second year or so.  Kim lives in London and I of course in Pretoria so it is always interesting to see who has to fly the furthest .  Also Kim has travelled extensively so it is challenging to find a place which she has not visited or visited so briefly she wants to go back.  We have been to Las Vegas, Vietnam and last year we went to Ireland which probably has to be one of my favorites. I LOVED Ireland!!!  Even the odd shower of rain was a shower of blessings to me.

So we are starting to look ahead to next year and to another adventure.  Both of us wants an exotic island type holiday where we can sip cocktails, ogle cute cabana boys, sit with our butts on the beach, toes in the sand, under a hot sun and stare at the waves crashing on the shore.  I don’t want to think, I don’t want to answer a phone, I don’t want to hear the tic tic of computer keys or deal with a hundred questions and attend a million meetings. And to hell with what I look like in a costume!!!!

The three places that are currently on our radar are:

Greece more especially the islands such as Santorini:






Turkey:





Or Malta:

What do you think............

No comments: