Wednesday 11 January 2012

WHAT A SURPRISE......

So I seriously don’t get spoilt. I don’t have friends who buy/give me gifts or have a boyfriend who does. I don’t really have people in my life who do things for me just because……I know they are there for me if I need them but normally I would have to beg ask.  I on the other hand am a giver.  I will arrive at your house for dinner with a bag full of goodies (even if you told me to only bring myself), I will visit you and your newborn and come bearing gifts for you all as well as the siblings. I will arrange surprise parties, I will write you little notes, I will send you cupcakes just because it’s the first day of spring!!!  I will give you your favourite perfume just because…..I will send you flowers because I thought of you or buy you tickets to the theatre because I know you love the Nutcracker.  You know the usual…..but it is really very seldom that someone takes time to do something for me……. just because.  It’s a matter of making people a priority in my life while I know that partners, kids, work etc are their priorities.  Just different strokes for different folks.

So I am very shocked and surprised when I am spoilt……..also very grateful when it does happen.  Today was one of those days.  I went off to a meeting (yes can you believe a meeting on my third day back at the office) and when I got back this was waiting for me…

Gorgeous hey!!

Stunning!!!!  They are from my mom and dad.  It was a thank you for well basically being their sunshine child!!

Guess I was a little shocked
A better reaction

 I am blessed!!!  Spoil those you love even if it’s just making a cup of coffee because it really is the small things that matter.

This was taken after church on new years day...my daddy was not feeling well but posed anyway!!!

No comments: