Friday 10 February 2012

BREATHING SPACE.......

So this week has been pretty rough.  Not to go into to much detail (I'm so not ready to write about it) but my dad is sick and he had a really bad week health wise in addition to this one of my favorite people went in for a gall bladder operation on Tuesday, they opened him up and found him riddled with cancer. They gave him 6 weeks.  On Wednesday his kidneys start to fail and by Wednesday evening he was in a coma and they gave him a week to 10 days.  Yesterday morning at 09:04 South Africa time he passed.


He lived a good life and was such an amazing soldier in God's army.  He set  a wonderful example on how to really have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. My Grandfather passed 24 years ago and this amazing man stepped up and not only stood in as father to my dad but to me as grandfather.


My last moment with him was not the ones we spent together in the hospital on Tuesday evening but rather the last time we were at church together.  I was rushing to leave after service because I had lunch plans, he reached into my car, removed the keys from the ignition and refused to give them back until I got out and gave him a hug!!! I am thankful that my last memory of him is one that will always make me smile through the tears. 


So Father receive your faithful servant with open arms for He served you well.  He fought the good fight and ran the race and now he deserves to sit at Your feet and be surrounded by an angelic choir (he did so love to sing). We who remain behind weep because there is an empty place in our lives, but rejoice in the knowledge that this parting is only for a short time because soon we will be reunited not only with this wonderful man but with our Creator.


As a result I really need some breathing space....this one appealed to me!


Have a wonderful weekend and if possible spend it loving those who you care most about!!!

2 comments:

Emily grapes said...

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure its a really hard time, but what a blessing your last memory of him is of you two hugging before you left.

I hope your dad can get better and you and your family are in my prayers. :)
Best to you on your studying!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Lisa said...

Thanks sweetie. Yesterday was the funeral and it was pretty intense especially since I did the ugly cry when we sang my dad's favorite hymn.

I appreciate the prayers.