Monday 5 March 2012

MONDAY MELLOW MADNESS...GLITTER


With March here my thoughts have turned to ideas for my birthday.  I am not sure what I want to do this year because last year is a little tough to top.  I went all out and hosted a high tea of epic proportions.

But in thinking about turning yet another year older I have been thinking about previous years and one of my favourite memories of a recent birthday was 2009.  Friends and I had a spa weekend and on the Sunday morning I had a surprise for them……glitter!!!

I love Pink and in her song "Glitter In The Air" she sings “Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?”…….well have you???? 





Its not the greatest video but I LOVE Pink's performance!!!

I know that I never had so I had gone and bought about 500g worth of glitter mixed it all up into a bag ready to be thrown into the air. On the Sunday morning bright and early my friends Lydia and Sasja and I stood outside with fists full of glitter and well……below is some photos for you all to see what happened next. These are stills taken from the video which is refusing to upload!!!


Ready, steady.....I saw their eyes shimmer and knew they were gonna throw the glitter at me and not into the air!!

Here we go....

And the glitter goes EVERYWHERE!!!
It was great fun!!

What goes up must come down....
So pretty!!!
I have often replayed that experience because it is one that brings me back to basics, one that reminds me that taking a moment to act foolish can restore your spirit…..so when you have a minute or two and don’t know what to do…..throw a fist full of glitter in the air!!!!

The words.......
  
Have you ever fed a lover with just your hands?
Closed your eyes and trusted, just trusted?
Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, "I just don't care"?

It's only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before the lightning
The breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way?

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
You're whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone
Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?
Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?

It's only half past the point of oblivion
The hourglass on the table
The walk before the run
The breath before the kiss
And the fear before the flames
Have you ever felt this way?

La La La La La La La La

There you are, sitting in the garden
Clutching my coffee,
Calling me sugar
You called me sugar

Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight?
Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself will it ever get better than tonight?
Tonight

No comments: