Friday 20 April 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY.......

I wish I had the words to adequately describe the scene in front of me as I type this post. Well, I am going to give it a shot because I wish you could all be here with me. It's about 14:30 and for me that's lunch time. I have chosen the Coco pool bistro for this afternoons cillinary experience. The restaurant has no walls really just these big archways. I have choosen a table close to one of these archways mainly for the breeze which is vital as the temperature gauge is hitting 38 degrees today. The humidity is probably around 85% making it a stinker of a day. But that's not what I want to share with you.....my view is!!! The sky is very blue, it is almost blinding and although there are some clouds they are more like streaks of cottonwood which break the blueness of the open sky. I see white sandy beaches....the sand is fine and hot beneath my feet. The sea is laid out before me like an infinite length of different shades of blue silk. Where the waves crash the water is murky evidence that the monsoon season is but days away. There have been endless storms out at sea and the waves bring with them seaweed, urchins and other debre. Further the sea becomes a pale blue color, almost baby blue and then it changes again and becomes the color of liquid sapphires. Only the white seahorses break the seemingly endless blue of the ocean. My favorite though is the bit between the pale blue and the dark......the turquoise!!!!! For some reason I believe that this is where all of the mysteries of the ocean lies. I have no reason to believe this other than I guess the fact that it is so incredibly beautiful that that must be where the mermaids play and where the dolphins come to show off their skills in the water.There are boats bopping on the water and I wonder where they have been, where they are going and what adventures they have had. The tide is coming in and as I have my vanilla milkshake for dessert (I am on holiday after all) I look at all this beauty which surrounds me and it makes me realize how little I appreciate the blessing that is my life. I am going to get up from this table stick my toes in the Indian ocean and name my blessings......one by one. Have a great weekend all. I guess when I write again I will be back home!!!

No comments: