Monday 11 June 2012

MONDAY MELLOW MADNESS.....

Hi all,

Sorry I kinda dropped out of sight for a while there and thank you for those who sent emails of concern.  It is greatly appreciated.

Last week Monday I started a clinical trail for a new asthma drug....by Wednesday I was feeling yuck and by Friday I felt like I was living my last day.




Thankfully I saw the doctor on Friday who first thought I had measles thanks to a lovely rash which showed up to join the nausea, fever, heahache and joint pains.  I am very grateful that it is not measles as one of my team is pregnant and that would have caused so much stress!!!

The doctor took me off the meds and gave me some others to help with the side effects.  I spent the entire weekend in bed feeling very miserable.....thankfully the winter arrived making staying in bed the best medicine. I don't think I have ever watched so many DVD's in one weekend.

I am not quite myself yet and am really battling with this hot flush type thing that keeps on happening.  It is like I heat up from the inside out and it feels like I am going to spontaneously combust from the heat!!!  Its not a pretty sight.

Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know I am ok and appreciate the concern. I am sure I will be back in the full swing of things from tomorrow.

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed weekend.


My "nurse" sleeping on the job!!!!


1 comment:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

oh man, that is scary. so glad that you're ok! and that you had a good (or bad?) nurse beside you. silly pup, I mean nurse.