Wednesday 22 August 2012

BECAUSE EVERY GIRL NEEDS HER DADDY...

I don't often enjoy the adverts on TV....they mainly irritate me BUT this new advert from MTN ( a local cell phone provider) reduces me to a puddle of tears every time I see it.

I may be a little emotional about daughters and their daddies but I also love the song they use as it was a lullaby I grew up with.......




Because every girl needs her daddy to sing her to sleep.....


By the way the dad say's: "Sleep well my child" and the daughter replies "You too daddy, sleep well".

Thula Baba is a popular Zulu lullaby. Traditionally the lullaby is sung by a mother to her child, as they await the return of their husband/father who has gone away to work. It’s a beautiful song with a powerful message......Simply lovely.


Lyrics:
Zulu Lyrics
Thula thul, thula baba, thula sana,
Tul’ubab ‘uzobuya ekuseni
Thula thul, thula baba, thula sana,
Tul’ubab ‘uzobuya ekuseni
Kukh’in khan-yezi, zi-holel’ u baba,
Zim-khan yi-sela indlel’e ziyak-haya,
Sobe sik hona xa bonke be-shoyo,
Be-thi bu-yela u-bu-ye le khaya,
Thula thula thula baba,
Thula thula thula sana,
Thula thula thula baba,
Thula thula thula san.
English Translation
Keep quiet my child
Keep quiet my baby
Be quiet, daddy will be home by dawn
There’s a star that will lead him home
The star will brighten his way home
The hills and stones are still the same my love
My life has changed, yes my life has changed
The children grow but you don’t know my love
The children grew but you don’t see them grow

1 comment:

The Management said...

this is so sweet. I love it.