Monday 28 January 2013

A NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK AND ALMOST A NEW MONTH...


Today 2013 is 28 days old and to say it has already been a rough year for me would be an understatement!

But today is a new day, the beginning of a new week and heaven helps us almost the beginning of a new month so it is time to start making some changes around here.

A friend of mine runs a Soqi franchise and did a free analysis for me. Turns out there is very little right inside my body.  My organs are toxic and there is a tremendous amount of strain on my heart.  It is amazing what the analysis can pick up just from pressing on pressure points in the body ….. hands and feet.  It was no surprise to my friend that my body was a hot mess.  It seems that trauma and a lack of sleep have a very profound effect on the body.  Now I know that is nothing new but I think seeing the scary red lines (which should be green) gave me a bit of reality check.

I NEED must change my lifestyle.  That’s not news is it??  This blog started off being a diary about my struggles with my weight and I have time and time again embarked on action plan to lose weight, get healthy and start living my best life.

Losing my dad has taught me many thing but one of the things that has become abundantly clear is no matter how much time you have it will never be enough to live the life you truly want.  So I need more time, more time translates me changing my current lifestyle.

From today three lifestyle changes are happening:

Drinking 2l of water per day……I may hate the taste but it is important



Eating healthy meals and snacks…..all main meals and snacks will be of the healthy variety



Exercise and more specifically walking…I joined a programme called Walk for Life a couple of months ago and it is time to go back


But, hold on what is going to keep me motivated this time when I have tried so many times in the past?

SMALLER goals.  I tend to want to tackle every gram of fat and every unfit muscle of my body at the same time and set unrealistic goals for myself.  This has led to many tears (the ugly cry has been known to show up on these occasions) and plenty of frustration.

This time I am going to baby step my way through it for real…..really, seriously!!!

My first goal is to keep up the three lifestyle changes above for the next 6 weeks because the reward will be my trip with Megan to Egypt.

I want to climb this…….



It is Mount Sinai. I want to stand at the top of this mountain which is where Moses received the 10 commandments and I want to see the sun rise over the peaks and I want to have ENJOYED the climb!! 
ALL 3 750 steps to the summit!!!

I want to summit Mt Sinai and watch the sun rise over those
majestic mountains without huffing and puffing for breath!

To achieve this I am going to have to be in much better shape than I am now and the only way to achieve that is by sticking to these three lifestyle changes for the six weeks I have left leading up to the trip!

So wish me well and pray for me!!

Here we go!




No comments: