Monday 11 February 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR...


No I have not lost my mind….not yet anyway.  

Yesterday 10 February 2013 marked the Chinese new year and the year of the snake!
I am not one to put much stock in horoscopes and so on but The year of the Snake is meant to be a year for steady and sure progress during which we should pay attention to the details. According to the Chinese horoscope, the colour of this year’s snake is black meaning that it is a year that will bring unexpected changes and instability. They therefore advise that it is important to plan everything and to think before taking any kind of action.  This all sounds a little ominous  but there is hope…the snakes energy can be used to our advantage.  The attention to detail will help us find ways to succeed at the goals we set.  I guess the old adage has a place this year “If you fail to plan, plan to fail”.
I was privileged enough to visit the Nan Hau temple yesterday to see some of the celebrations. Unfortunately, my camera is acting up (the problem may very well lie with the user) and I hardly got any shots.  I have “stolen” with permission a friends photos.










Happy new year!!!

No comments: