Wednesday 17 August 2011

So why blog???????


Well that is the question of the day.

I suppose the reason for using this format is twofold.  I want to keep a record of this journey and also by muddling through the crossroads towards my best life in a public way I can perhaps help some other traveler.

This is the first in several steps to start living my best life.  I love being creative and even though I am unable to draw a straight line with a ruler I have an eloquent sufficiency of words to write and write and write.  This does not of course mean that my ramblings always make sense to those reading them but I enjoy the process.

I’ll have you know that I have kissed the Blarney Stone.  Yup, the real deal in Ireland and since it is not only one of the steepest and narrowest staircases in the world that you have to climb to reach the stone it is also quite an experience manipulating your body in the correct position to pucker up and kiss the stone.  So I am entitled to have moments when the blarney just flows…..

When I don’t have a creative outlet I feel frustrated and lose a bit of my sense of self.  To me being creative in whatever appearance is a form of escapism.  I can relive special moments when I scrapbook, I can create any world I want when I write and when the words flow and form a poem it seems my soul is being honored.

I have for as long as I can remember had an idea for a book or partly completed manuscripts lying around.  Maybe by blogging I will find my inner author and actually write a book from start to finish.

At first I thought of keeping a journal but that seems a little “old fashioned” and by its very nature a journal is private which will defeat the object of keeping a record to share with others struggling.

So in spite of the fear and trepidation I am going to keep on blogging my journey. 

This is the first in several steps to start living my best life.  I love being creative and even though I am unable to draw a straight line with a ruler I have a eloquent sufficiency of words to write and write and write.  This does not of course mean that my ramblings always make sense to those reading them but I enjoy the process.

I have for as long as I can remember had an idea for a book or partly completed manuscripts lying around.  Maybe by blogging I will find my inner author and actually write a book from start to finish.

When I don’t have a creative outlet I feel frustrated and lose a bit of my sense of self.  To me being creative in whatever appearance is a form of escapism.  I can relive special moments when I scrapbook, I can create any world I want when I write and when the words flow and form a poem it seems my soul is being honored.

So in this journey I am embarking on, the first step is finding a consistent creative outlet.  Blogging meets that criteria while also providing a roadmap along the way.

Tomorrow the second step starts and in all honesty its probably one of the toughest but one of the most essential.

Let’s see where the August winds blows us……. 





Kissing the blarney stone............

No comments: