Tuesday 3 July 2012

CHOOSEDAY.....

I am really struggling to let go and let God.......

It is not that I want to be defiant or difficult but I seem to be struggling to hear His voice, to see His plan and to experience His love.

I am sick again......my asthma has been particularly affected by the cold this winter and I am struggling more than normal to get through the day.  I feel so pathetic because my body can't seem to get through a cold/flu, it seems bent on going into bronchitis and ending with asthmatic bronchitis.  I guess it does not help that I am busy working on several projects at work with crazy deadlines hanging like a millstone around my neck forcing me to be at work and not take time off to recuperate. 

My health seems to be a constant issue because not having working lungs means that I have limitations I never had before and one of them is that I have seldom been off sick, I don't leave early and don't come in late....that has all changed and I really resent it.

Why do I have to be sick?  What is the lesson I am meant to be learning from this.....

I recently read this poem and with all that is going on in my head I though it appropriate. 


As children bring their broken toys
   with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him,
in peace, to work alone;
I hung around and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said,
"What could I do?
You never did let go."
- Author: Lauretta P. Burns -




I CHOOSE on this CHOOSEday to let go and let God....

No comments: