Tuesday 24 July 2012

CHOOSEDAY....IF YOU REALLY KNEW ME!!


Today is CHOOSEday but instead of my usual type of post I decided to jump on the bandwagon and join Emily and Jenni  and do a “If you really knew me” post.  Here goes:





If you really knew me…..

You’d know that I am not a morning person.  It takes at least an hour after I wake up for my brain to start working and about another hour before my personality surfaces.

You’d know that I have an addictive personality.

You’d know that I have a tendency to get attached to everything - people, clothes, places, foods, (um, mono eater??) and much to my dismay even things.

You’d know that I would choose frozen condense milk flavoured yogurt over ice cream any day of the week.

You’d know that I don’t have a sweet tooth but a packet of crisps or peanuts don’t stand a chance around me.

You’d know that I love sitting outside during thunderstorms.  I am blessed to live in an area which has the most incredible thunderstorms during the summer time.

You’d know that the first thing I take off when I get home is my shoes and second all my jewellery.

You’d know that the first thing I do when I get home is tie my hair up into the most unflattering bun/ponytail thing.

You’d know that my big girl camera scares the you know what out of me.

You’d know that I can read books over and over again even though I know how they end……I think there may be something wrong with me.

You’d know that I love horror/thriller movies – there is definitely something wrong with me.

You’d know that going to bed at night is a whole production which involves cream, heel balm, hand cream, chapstik and a hairbrush.  I wonder if this is the reason I go to bed on my own???

You’d know that back in 2007 I woke up in the early hours of an October morning with an unknown and uninvited male next to my bed. Burglar had broken in and I woke up as he took my cell phone.

You’d know that I have no flight instinct but every fibre in my body has a fight instinct.

You’d know that I am unable to hid my emotions.  I walk around with my heart on my sleeve and have no poker face skills.

You’d know that I can cry for any and every reason and for no reason at all.  Currently the Olympic adverts have me boo hooing.

You’d know that I have a completely irrational fear of spiders. Harry Potter movies just about killed me with those massive spiders.

You’d know that my puppies are the best puppies in the world.

You’d know that I irritate Charis endlessly because I love to smell her paws.

You’d know that I have an irresistible love for vampire stories.  My mom recons I was born with a bloodlust hence the horror movies and vampire addiction.

You’d know that I must sleep with both my feet open. I feel very claustrophobic if my feet are under the covers even in winter.  

You’d know that I hate using punctuation when I am writing.  Thank goodness for electronic grammar, spelling and punctuation checkers.

You’d know that I have a paralysing fear of dentists.

You’d know that I only drink one cup of coffee a day if that but am hopelessly addicted to coke cola and Dr Pepper (which we now get in South Africa).

You’d know that I enjoy arranging a trip almost as much as the actual trip.

You’d know that I love the story of Ruth and Boaz from the book of Ruth in the Old Testament. It makes me believe that if you do what’s right things can work out.

You’d know that when in a hotel room the first thing I do is check how many rolls of toilet paper are in the bathroom.  I have a bit of an issue with running out of TP!

You’d know that my number one love language is physical touch.  Now this love language is not all about the bedroom.  But it means that because my primary love language is physical touch I am very touchy.  Hugs, kisses, thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder or even face is how I show everything from love, care, concern to excitement and even anger.  I was standing talking to my CEO yesterday and after like ten minutes I looked down and I was holding his hand….ummmmmm awkward!!

You’d know that my second and third love languages are interchangeable.  I guess depending on the day it changes but only ever by one point.  They are quality time and words of affirmation.

You’d know that I can’t remember when last someone held my hand.

You’d know that I handle a crisis situation like a pro.  I just go onto auto pilot and I get through it but when I am through it I break down and cry for days.

You’d know that I am a bit of a hoarder.  I really battle to throw stuff away.  I even have letters dating back to Grade one.

You’d know that I don’t eat veggies.  I only eat mushrooms and corn cooked and raw I will eat carrots and snap peas.

You’d know that I can curse like a sailor when I’m in a mood.

You’d know that I am an emotional person and don’t have a logical bone in my body.

And finally……

If you really knew me, you’d know that all I really want is to be truly loved and love in return.


So if I really knew you, what would I know.

3 comments:

Megan said...

you and i are SO similar! I am NOT a morning person...like 9am is EARLY to me..and i get early morning rage. lol

and wtf about the burglar?!! holy crap!!! that is so scary!!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

it's weird (or maybe it's not), but I was nodding my head to almost every single one of these. oh except for the veggies. I'm slightly obsessed. much more with veggies than fruit. I could eat a bag of carrots at 6am. oh and the hoarding. I LOVE throwing things away (which is weird because I'm super cheap). anywho, long story short ... we are still a lot alike. :)

The Management said...

I do the jewelery thing right away too if I haven't already taken it all off in the car and tossed it in the cupholder!