Wednesday 5 December 2012

DECK THE HALLS...


There is no getting away from it...the 25th of December is well and truly on it's way.  Some of you may recall that last year I was a bit of a........


So I have promised myself that this year I will not wait until 19:22 on 24 December like I did last year to embrace the Christmas spirit but rather to start earlier and enjoy what was always my favorite holiday....even though I am still single and childless same as last..same as every year!

I am not sure how it work with you but for me the Christmas spirit starts with choosing a colour scheme for Christmas. It may sound a little crazy but I find that if I have a colour theme everything flows from there.

There is so much to choose from and the shops are just bursting with different colours from your traditional:


Blue and sliver

Shades of blue and sliver

Red and gold
 


Green and gold

Gold
To the less traditional and more daring shades of:


Black and white

Black and gold

Purpe

Blue with lime green

Teal with sliver

Pink

Orange

And of course you can always through all the colours together...




This year what has stood out for me as I walk down countless rows of decorations is different shades of gold in both matt and shiny as well as different shades of brown from a deep mahogany to a light shade of beige.

I am not sure what it is all going to look like but this is kinda the colour pallet I have in mind for Christmas 2012...


This is probably the closest the idea in my head..



Do you choose a colour scheme for Christmas each year?



Please note that the pictures have been sourced all over the internet.

No comments: