Tuesday 30 July 2013

SETTING THE SCENE...

I discovered this post which I had written as an introduction to my trip to Egypt.  I had forgotten about it and have been taking you all over Egypt without it.  Since I love the clips I have decided to share the post....even if it is belated...


"I was tired and I had overworked myself and burnt myself out. So I went to Egypt by myself. When I saw what was built there, it made me understand how powerful we are, that we can create anything. And I felt like I needed to create things that were timeless too." ~Alicia Keys

This quote really does sum up how I felt when I climbed on the plane on 09 march 2013 and what I felt like when I got off the plane back home weeks later.

Egypt has got to be one of my favourite trips ever!!!!  Thailand holds a special place in my heart and Ireland is my heart but Egypt oh Egypt is just well I think Pope Shenouda III said it best: “Egypt is not a country we live in but a country that lives within us.”

I am so excited to share our trip with you and I promise to try and not overload you with information and photos but just for the record I took 1 833 photos. So be prepared…

Cairo is up first but I am going to divide it over three or four posts because well it was kinda awesome.  Go pour something to drink, make a snack and settle in and join me as I share the land of Pharaohs with you…..

But first here are two video clips to set the scene…



Ok and because I am weak one more video...


Be sure to visit soon, we still have our last day in Luxor, then the Red Sea and Mount Sinai and the wonderful desert overnight trip we did...

No comments: