Tuesday 31 January 2012

CHOOSEDAY.....


I found this quote on pintrest by chance last night and it has been on my mind ever since........


In a previous post I said that I was battling to put my goals for 2012 down on paper and I still am.  However, I need to start making better choices because I have to get healthy.

Listen I know myself, I know that if I make a thousand lofty goals I will fail dismally.  I will become overwhelmed and then I will start to resent myself and that just snowballs to the point where I stop at KFC, switch off all the lights and just sit and eat and eat and eat and eat.  NOT a good thing.

So on the last day of January 2012 I have set these three goals for the year:

Make healthy food choices:  I am so bad when faced with a menu.  I ALWAYS choose the most fattening item on the menu. So I want to choose the salad instead of the burger, pasta instead of French fries, fish and chicken instead of lamb and beef.
Drink water:  I HATE water.  Now my mom is freaking out about now because she always taught us that hate is a very strong word and you must not use it lightly.  Let me repeat I HATE water.  I don’t know why but to me it just has a funny taste.  I have tried everything under the sun to improve the taste but I don’t know it just seems to keep this yucky copper taste.  I now drink flavoured water which tastes great but the trade-off is the calorie count.  I however, don’t have a problem drinking no sugar in my coffee and instead using the calories for my flavoured water.
Save:  Oh bless my little soul I am so bad with money.  My Dad always says it burns a whole in my pocket and I just have to spend it.  Here’s the thing…..I really want to make a trip to the States in 2014.  I want to go for six weeks and do a road trip to all the places I did not get to on my previous two trips. The main problem with doing a trip like that is funds…….being from South Africa where our currency is barely worth the paper it’s printed on means that I have to make sure I have a lot saved up so I can convert it to the dolla dolla!!!  My plan is to stick to my budget and whatever is left the night before my salary goes in gets transferred to a savings account.  It’s NEVER going to be enough for the trip but it is a starting place in making healthier choices no Jimmy Choo’s equals a helicopter ride over the grand canyon.  I believe that no amount of money can replace an experience and having stuff is not the “stuff” memories are made of.

So there you have it!!



No comments: