Tuesday 8 May 2012

CHOOSEDAY.......

I am not a big fan of Autumn!!!  I guess for me the changing and falling leaves are symbolic of time moving on, of seasons lost, aging and so on.  It just seems like everything goes from light and pretty to bleak and ugly!

Watching the leaves go from green to dead brown is just depressing!!! Everything starts to look so dull and well.........brown!!!  So in short I have a really bad attitude when it comes to Autumn but then yesterday on my way home my breath was taken away by this sight....

Taken by my trusty BlackBerry
I was so overwhelmed by the beauty that I raced home to get my camera.  Of course by the time I had got back to this spot the light had changed and the effect was gone.....but something started to change in me as I looked at the trees and the different colour leaves.  I went with the feeling and just took a whole bunch of photos.




"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." Albert Camus

When I was looking at the photos later I realised I had that same feeling.......I kept on pouring over the photos (some better than others) and finally it dawned on me......I was seeing beauty!!! Amid the brown there were shades of orange and red and yellow and gold!!! In the midst of the dull there was the orange sunset which gave everything a golden glow.


Where I had CHOSEN to seen ugly I was now CHOOSING to see beauty. Isn't that just the way with us humans.  How often don't we judge people based on their appearance or look around a neighborhood and judge the people and the area by what we see at face value.

I CHOOSE to embrace Autumn and to see the beauty it has to offer to see that there is so much more than just dull and brown......I CHOOSE to remember that Ecc 3:1 says "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven." Autumn is a time to remember that there is beauty in everything and in EVERYONE!! 

I CHOOSE to see the beauty......













No comments: