Tuesday 19 February 2013

STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER...

Friends, I come to you humbly asking for prayers...




On Thursday last week, my Goddaughter Megan's parents posted her passport and travel documents for our upcoming trip to Egypt. They made use of our postal service's overnight courier service.

The documents made the trip from Cape Town to Johannesburg but they are currently being held "hostage" by employee strike action.  The employees of the central postal hub in both Johannesburg and Pretoria have "downed tool" and no work is being done.

This means that the parcel is stuck in limbo...I have made several inquiries about fetching the parcel from the Johannesburg hub but have been told that there is no one who would assist me and in addition some of the protests have turned violent and they would not be able to guarantee my safety. 

Without the passport and documents I am unable to go to the embassy to secure visas for our holiday.  I MUST have the documents by no later than Monday 25/02/13 in order for our visas to be processed in time for our 09/03/13 departure.

I contacted our travel agency and have been advised that Megan will not be allowed to travel on a temporary passport and to get a new passport issued normally takes between 6 - 8 weeks which we obviously don't have as we leave in just 18 days.

Postponing the trip is not an option as the costs would be almost as much as what the original trip costs.  Cancellation would mean a complete loss of money already paid and I have paid for the ENTIRE trip already!! 

Needless to say I am a wreck and have no idea how we are going to get this worked out except through an act of God.  Please pray that there will be a speedy resolution to the strike action and that I will receive the parcel by the due date.

Thank you so much!!!


1 comment:

Katie Cook said...

Praying right now for you Lisa! You are so great to reach out in prayer, and I know God has got this:) Love Katie