Tuesday 21 May 2013

A BIRTHDAY ON THE NILE...

I have been blessed to celebrate my birthday in various countries over the years: the USA, Vietnam, Swaziland, Kenya and now most recently Egypt...

This year I woke up on the Nile and let me tell you life starts early...but fortunately once our boat was underway we could snooze for a little while longer and that suited me just find.

Our day was filled with visits to Kom Ombo and Edfu and I will share more about these two places later because there is a lot to tell and many photos to share.

It was a wonderful day filled with many historical blessing but the evening is what truly stands out for me.

Megan spoilt me with a special gift and the most beautifully worded card and then our tour guide had arranged for the chef to make a birthday cake just for me.

There was a gentleman from the French group also celebrating his birthday so it turned into quite the celebration.

Here are some photos....

Sun rise on my 39th birthday...




My gift from Megan....

Megan wrote the sweetest card and now I know why our cabin smelt like nail polish all afternoon...
the gold and silver you see...yip nail polish!!

Megan's veggie dinner


My meat and carb dinner


Birthday cocktails...

Megan's was called a "Sunrise" and was a virgin cocktail

Mine was not a virgin.....

The birthday guy and girl!!!


Having fun!!!



Some dressed up for the occasion..


Birthday boy!!!














Blowing out the candles



The chef who made the cakes!!!



Mohammed and I

My gift from Mohammed

Getting into the swing of things at the party!!!




The sunset on my 39th birthday.....

No comments: