Tuesday 14 May 2013

LIV'IN ON A PRAYER...

On Saturday evening I was very blessed to attend the Bon Jovi concert in Johannesburg.

Now if I was to choose a soundtrack for my life, it would have to be the songs of this amazing band.  And my longest standing crush….well that would have to be Jon Bon Jovi!!!




It was an amazing experience and one I would not have missed for the world but had been worried that I would because of my health.  But since starting on my new treatment plan I am really doing well and was so ready to go have fun on Saturday evening.

I had purchased golden circle tickets  back in November and my brother (who reluctantly went with….very reluctantly) and I had awesome standing place when the concert started. They played for 2 hours straight and then did a 45 minute encore and then a further 15 minutes….that’s THREE hours of fantastic music!!

I was going to ramble on and on but instead I found this awesome article online and thought I would share it instead…

“I MAY NOT be as handsome as Justin Bieber, I may not be able to dance as well as Justin Timberlake, but I’ve been here longer than those two combined.”
These were the words of rock star Jon Bon Jovi.
After a performance that lasted nearly three hours at FNB Stadium on Saturday, it seemed patently clear that Bon Jovi isn’t quite ready to leave the stage.

In front of a crowd of around 70 000 that had braved the wintry chill, the band Bon Jovi played with an energy that belied their advancing years.

A career spanning three decades in a cut-throat business is the preserve of legends – a status this US super group undoubtedly deserve. There was plenty of stage-craft for opening act Daniel Baron to soak up. This young musician’s electro-rock set featured plenty of eye candy (his topless drummer nearly stole the show) and lots of earnest, edgy music.

He was followed by 2010 Idols winner Elvis Blue, now a bona fide star in his own right. Blue warmed up the crowd nicely for the main event and there was a lot of appreciation for his music.

Then it was the turn of Bon Jovi, and they had their Joburg audience eating out of the palm of their hands as they tore through a selection of their greatest hits, with plenty of enthusiastic singing accompanying hits like Bed of Roses, Bad Medicine and Dead Or Alive.

At times, as one song segued into the next, it felt more like a jam session than a choreographed concert with the musicians clearly feeding off the energy of the fans.

The Because We Can tour is also about promoting their latest album and those in attendance responded well to the new material.
It was, however, the classics the crowd had come to hear and the band obliged with favourites such as Always and Living On A Prayer in a lengthy encore, and catchy cover versions of songs by The Rolling Stones and Roy Orbison.

So seamless was the music that few in attendance noticed the absence of legendary guitarist Richie Sambora – who it is rumoured had a falling out with Jon Bon Jovi on the eve of this tour.
 On Saturday night, the remaining members of the band, and a few hired hands, showed why Bon Jovi have racked up figures of more than 130 million record sales.

It’s been a fairytale career so far and, at the stroke of midnight, the spell they cast seemed in little danger of being broken.”

Walking to the stadium.....it is gorgeous!!!


Jon took an South African flag from one of the audience members and tied it his guitar..

The Mc's


I had this whole rock chick leather and jean outfit planned but the colder weather
resulted in a more Eskimo type look...

Golden circle baby

Opening act Elvis Blue










When they sang Dead or Alive Jon asked everyone to switch on their cell phones...the effect was awesome and
as he said "I feel like I have gone to heaven"

Here are some of my fav moments from the concert....







Then a friend sent me this which is priceless...



No comments: