Monday 5 August 2013

AUGUST...



So just like that its August....

It seems crazy that we are in the 32nd week of the year, which means that there are only another 20 left.  It is scary!!

August is going to be a challenging month for me as I have several work projects which have to be finalised this month.  So I am going to apologise up front for not posting five days a week as I usually try to do.

August is normally a "windy" month for us on the highveld.  It is also a very dusty month as a result but the trees are still bare and everything is very "brown"!!  But over the weekend when I took the dogs out I noticed that one of the apricot trees in our backyard already has blossoms...a little presumptions I would say.



I really don't want to run the risk of jinxing the awesome weather we have been having but in all honesty we have only had a handful of cold days this winter.  I have not worn a single jacket or coat so far and I have only worn very only light weight jersey sweaters. It has been incredibly pleasant and I don't trust it at all. I fear that when spring rolls around in September we may find ourselves freezing our butts off!!

So here's to August and all the challenges, mysteries and joy it brings....


No comments: